Join The Buccaneer Family and become a Host
The Nanaimo Buccaneers Hockey Club welcomes players to our community every year from various parts Western Canada. Players can be here for a few days or for a full season and circumstances aching through out the season. Players need to enjoy Nanaimo away from hockey just as much as on the ice, so host families are a big part of the full experience.
By Opening up your home to our players you are helping each player live out his hockey dream. As the players billet family you will get to be a part of there success. In addition to sharing their success, host families often form strong relationships that will last a life time.
We strive to not only recruit good hockey players but better individuals. As they become part of your family for the season it is expected that they are respectful and help out around the house. The coaching staff will do our best to select players to go to specific hosts based on interest and fit.
WHAT THE HOST FAMILY PROVIDES:
- A private bedroom and closet (and/or private or basement suite).
- Nutritious meals.
- A patient, caring, positive and friendly home atmosphere.
- The same guidance and attention you would want for your children.
WHAT THE HOST FAMILY RECEIVES:
- A monthly payment of $550 from each player at home.
- Season Tickets for the immediate family.
- Invitation to the Year End Banquet and other team events.
- All players will arrive for Main Camp Aug 17-19 and hosts will be required Aug 19 onwards.
- Housing will continue through the end of the season and could go into April.