VANCOUVER ISLAND SPRING HOCKEY
VANCOUVER ISLAND SPRING HOCKEY
Vancouver Island Spring Hockey (VISH) is about to enter its 13th Season of Competitive Spring Hockey.
VISH has been the place to play for Players that just love to play and want to have fun during the off season and to stay in game shape for Spring Camps and Tryouts. Over the past 12 seasons we have run a competitive league with many of our former players always commenting about the fun they had in our league.
While we can’t take credit, we have been fortunate enough to have been able to see a number of our former players go on in their hockey careers to play MML, Junior and College Hockey.
The league schedule is 14 games, 5 on 5 play, with a certified referee. Jersey will be provided to each player to keep.
For 2020 we will be offering one age group for ages 2004 – 1998. Expections will be provided for high end 05 players.
Early Bird Registration is available until Jan 1.
VANCOUVER ISLAND SPRING HOCKEY 2019
ancouver island Spring Hockey is a private program with no affiliation to Nanaimo Minor Hockey or Hockey Canada.
Cell # 604-378-8088
12 League Games plus 2 Playoff Games
All four teams will qualify for Playoffs. (1v4, 2v3)
Teams will be selected by directors. Requests to play with a friend will be considered but not guaranteed.
Vancouver Island Spring Hockey 2016 Expectations and Rules
- VISH Players are here to have fun and maintain on ice fitness.
- VISH is great for kids that DO play other spring sports.
- Players are expected to be at rink 15 mins before ice time.
- Players are expected to “play within their weight class” and will be disciplined if they cannot manage that expectation.
- Fighting is not tolerated.
- VISH Reserves the Right to Ban any Player from the League for failing to adhere to Rules and Expectations.
- Zero Tolerance for Poor Sportsmanship on or off the ice.
- 24 Hour Cooling Off Period before Coach or Director is contacted.
- 100% Attendance is not expected but email of schedule conflict is.
- Parents are NOT to Approach the Bench During any Games.
- Verbal Abuse of Coaches and Referee’s will not be tolerated.
- Verbal Abuse of Any Player on or off the ice will not be tolerated.
- Zero Tolerance for use of Tobacco, Alcohol or controlled substances.
- Clock and Game Sheet Volunteers are required for every game.
- Games will not proceed without Volunteer Positions Filled.
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the VANCOUVER ISLAND SPRING HOCKEY hockey program, related events and activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that:
- The risk of injury from the activities involved in this program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce the risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and,
- I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and,
- I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and,
- I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS the (VANCOUVER ISLAND SPRING HOCKEY, COACHES, ASSISTANT COACHES, VOLUNTEERS, AND ORGANIZERS), their officers, officials, agents and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessees of premises used to conduct the event (“Releasees”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE. I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
- No refunds will be provided at any time credit to the following season will be issued with a subtracted amount for an admin fee.
This is to certify that I, as a parent/guardian with legal responsibility for this participant, do consent and agree to his/her release as provided above of all the Releasees, and, for myself, my heirs, assigns, and next of kin, I release and agree to indemnify the Releasees from any and all liabilities incident to my minor child’s involvement or participation in these programs as provided above.